Monday, June 27, 2011

Alienware Gaming Rig

Look at this thing. LOOK AT IT. This is what a $50,000 gaming rig looks like. No joke.

I was at the 2011 NZ CIO Conference today. On one of the breaks, I thought I would check out the other exhibitors and lookey lookey, here's Dell, showing off a SICK piece of Alienware kit.

The alone chair is $16,000USD and features an electric actuator system that allows the 3-screen setup to be raised and lowered allowing you to mount and dismount the thing (trust me, you would want to mount this thing after 10 minutes in it).

The screens are additional to the chair price. These ones looked to be 27" LCD models, so about $999USD each.

The PC was an Alienware Area-51 ALX which START at $3,499USD. The guy on the stand reckoned this one was specced to eight grands' worth! Then there were all the other bits and pieces - gaming KB & mouse, controller, cabling, Bose audio system, blah blah blah - adding addtional thousands to the price.

The whole setup? Yours for only $50,000NZD (about $0.34c AUD)

Tell you what though...

Fifty grand didn't make me any better at Formula-1 2011 on easy mode.

Out of interest, Dell NZ apparently have this setup in their office. If I worked there, I would demand this in my cubicle. They've also sold this same setup to 2 very lucky (read: rich) kiwis so far.

-Chur, Jeffois

2 comments: