Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What We're Checking Out - 4th May 11





The web is a massive place, so we've put together What We're Checking Out to bring it to you in an easy to digest package. Seen something you want to plug? Drop us a line in the comments, or on our Facebook Page, and we'll check it out!



I've personally been reading a lot of stuff this last week, some funny, some serious. Here are my personal favourites:

Dorkly, always funny with their parodies, shows just how good they are with Mario with a Portal Gun

Cracked counts down 8 Urban Legends from Video Games

Joystiq talks Darkspore (Our review to follow, once Jess gets a little more through it)

Also I'd definitely recommend two blogs I'm reading:

A good friend of mine, Claire, talks about life in the Western Suburbs if Sydney, in her blog West of Centre, covering everything from the people to the restaurants, it's a unique window into the mindset of the area. Definitely make sure you check out Claire's thoughts on the Amazon... She's heading over there later this year as well, and will (hopefully) be writing a write-up for us of her experience in that amazing place.



Another new one, which has a great future ahead of it, is A Womans Work. It's author, Belinda, has an eye for beauty and art, whether in nature, music, or fashion. I'm definitely looking forward to see where she takes it.. (Special note: The amazing photos of the Waipoua Forest on New Zealand's North Island.)



Special Mentions: When I'm not cooking, writing, or gaming, I'm watching TV. Since Scrubs, my favourite show ended (The first, second and third time), I've been looking for something to fill that void, and I think I just may have... Happy Endings, starring Elisha Cuthbert, Eliza Coupe and Damon Wayans Jr, is funny, romantic, and very, very quirky. The characters remind me of How I Met Your Mother in the way they interact with each other, and the humour is very definitely Scrubs influenced. I recommend checking it out, because unfortunately, shows like this are very often cancelled...

No comments:

Post a Comment